‘’The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be’’
Having a self-improvement plan and daily self-improvement goal is a vital factor for success, it helps you tap into certain dimensions and level of growth because the more self-improvement goals you meet, the quality of your journey increases.
Self-improvement is the belief that you are worth the effort, time and energy needed to develop yourself, convert your goals and aspiration into reality.
Life is a series of problem-solving opportunities; the problems you face will either defeat you or develop you depending on how you respond to them, so you get to negotiate through the cost of survival by how much courage you have to make, develop and manage changes.
As one change in your life can lead to massive benefits, another can turn the wheels of survival to a frustrating route that is why we have to be in continually search to improve and develop ourselves so we can move and not remain in the same positions for life entails growth, if we stop growing, improving and developing the quality of our lives we are good as dead.
Hence it is mandatory that we cultivate, develop skills and tools that will take us into a higher level of growth.
Self-improvement is a major necessity in growth, simply put, self-improvement is expanding your potential as you are your best investment.
I refer to my mind, body, and soul as tools of survival hence they must be sharpened and improved daily to be efficient and this is what self-improvement thoroughly entails. You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one so you must be ready to pursue life-enhancing tools and tips.
Self-improvement and personal development are crucial factors to self-accomplishment that goes together and it is a life long process; you don’t just wake up and you are standing on the podium of success there are certain steps, rules, tips and resources to jingle around which I will be sharing with you.
The importance of self-improvement cannot be overemphasized as we need to know and value the purpose and need for growth and development.
Self-improvement is repeated habits to get you moving towards your goals and ambitions, creating a better version of yourself on a regular basis by effectively building improvements.
Investing in yourself is mandatory and it is the greatest investment you can ever make. It will not only improve your life, but it will also improve the lives of those around you so don’t miss out on opportunities or resources that can positively enhance your life.
There are so many things you can do to improve yourself, there is a vast range of self-improvement tips but I will be sharing a grouped collection that I employed into my life and have drastically and specially help me increase the quality of my life.
The first 20 self-improvement tips are mindset hacks and the last 15 are tactical things you can go out and do. They include;
I know this sounds a lot but you don’t have to feel overwhelmed by these steps. At the end of this article, I have attached a 30 day challenge you can embark on that is guaranteed to massively improve the quality of your life.
1. No person or amount of success will fill the hole inside of you, but doing what you love will. And remember, the only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.
2. Ask real questions and deeply listen as everyone has a story that can change your perspective.
3. Judgment is an easy and lazy thing, it takes far more strength to respond with love.
4. Imperfections are the unique quirks that make someone truly beautiful hence character cannot be developed in ease and quiet, only through the experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened and inspired so do not fear failures.
5. Every situation that comes your way is an opportunity to grow beyond patterns as success isn’t measured by what a man accomplished but by the opposition he has encountered and the courage with which he has marinated the struggle against overwhelming odds.
6. No one has the answers; we’re all just making this up as we go, meditate, write and listen to your heart first!
7. Enjoy the honest moments; a home-cooked meal with friends, the warmth of another’s skin against yours and the smell of the sea breeze. These are the simple joy of living.
8. Be a new student to something.
9. Between our first and last breath is the story we create; fall in love with the process, there is no finish line or point of arrival!
10. What is meant for you will never miss you, surrender everything you think you know.
11. Taking care of yourself is selfless. An empty well cannot give water to a village!
12. What we want most is often what we fear most, but be vulnerable and do it anyways. Regret is a terrible thing best avoided by unapologetically going for it.
13. Create art and live for the simple joy and fulfillment of it, not for everyone else.
14. People will sing your praises and tear you down, both of which are a reflection of them; so stay in your lane.
15. True joy comes from helping others, community is everything. Take care of your people, their wins are your wins!
16. Have a sense of humor about yourself. We’re basically just consciousness walking around in advanced monkey suits.
17. Give your mind a break; stop stressing, worrying and raising bars of comparison.
18. Complain less.
19. Try, learn, grow!
20. Don’t let people tell you it can’t be done.
On an average day, how much gratitude do you have? How thankful are you? If you don’t take out time to be thankful every day, it’s time to start because there is a vital connection between gratitude and well-being.
People who are grateful tend to have less toxic emotions governing them, they feel good, sleep well and have the best self-esteem.
Gratitude serves as a way of taking negative emotions and converting them into a powerful catalyst for happiness. Gratitude will shift you to a higher frequency and you will attract much better things.
Developing an attitude of gratitude can be really easy all you have to do is consciously look for things you appreciate in life. Be thankful for support, healthy relationship, love, family, good food, clean water even the minimal things and the things you appreciate about yourself.
The key is to not just saying you are thankful, you need to really feel appreciation for them.
2. Employ positive affirmations
Don’t let the negativity given to you by the world disempower you because you are the master of your fate and the captain of your soul, so take charge. Let go of limiting beliefs, do not worry about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create and declare positive mantras and affirmations.
Affirmations are our mental vitamins, providing the supplementary positive thoughts we need to balance the barrage of negative events and thoughts we experience daily.
Take positive care of your mind and it would surely take positive care of your life.
In the course of adopting positivity, my words have been carefully selected, I use positive words like:
‘’I will face whatever comes today with a positive attitude’’
‘’I will always find a way and a way will always find me’’
‘’I have all the power I need’’
‘’I contain multitudes’’
‘’I have the strength to succeed’’
‘’I will overcome every challenges and obstacle’’
‘’I believe in myself’’
‘’I am enough’’
‘’I am abundantly blessed”
“I have a purpose”
“I can unfold”
“I am grateful’’
‘’I am rare divinity walking in flesh’’
‘’I uniquely carry gold’’
3. Quit being a perfectionist
It’s only after you’ve stepped outside your comfort zone that you begin to change, grow and transform.
Don’t aim for perfection, aim for better than yesterday!
Being more mindful is a great goal to cultivate, it changes your perspective, thoughts, and process and can transform your mental health for the better.
Mindfulness is all about being more conscious of the present moment, focusing on what you’re doing, where you are and how you are feeling instead of focusing on stress. Surrender to what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be.
Take time out of your day to unplug and be by yourself every day; remove all stimuli- no phone, no laptop just you by yourself. This gives you time to reflect, meditate and discover things about yourself. Write, journal and reflect.
6. Set goals and crush them step by step be it long terms or short term goals.
Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary in their abilities, they vary in their desire to reach their potential. Make a success of living by seeing the goals and aiming for it unswervingly.
I struggled with keeping with my routines, plans, and goals at some point in my life.
My routines where inconsistent, I couldn’t meet up with deadlines, I was behind my goals and plans, trust me, it was really frustrating and I needed to fix this to get on top of my game so I learned to enhance my life by having an organization plan for my goals, schedule, house or whatever I did.
Organization includes keeping tracks of your commitment, planning, and scheduling; arranging everything in order and this is so vital for success.
Set a calendar to fill your plans, goals, deadlines and everything you need to do to be able to prepare for them. This can greatly contribute to your life and to your level of growth of success.
Use planners, timetables and set reminders- Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still. If you don’t have daily objectives you qualify as a dreamer.
8. Be proactive!
9. Avoid procrastination.
10. Eliminate distractions!
12. Outline productive rituals.
13. Be patient with yourself; self-growth is tender, it is holy ground. There is no greater investment.
14. Face, accept and create new challenges.
Change equals self-improvement, push yourself to places you haven’t been before.
15. Focus on the reasons behind seasons.
16. Unpack the opinion of others.
I hope this list is able to enlighten you on the importance and relevance of self-improvement and you employ at least one tip at a time, daily and consistently to enhance the quality of your life.
Before you go, I want you to write down the things that can make your future easier and your plans to employ them into reality.
Remember in this world you’re either growing or you’re dying, so get in motion and grow!
illustration by Mira Lou